This house was built in 1877 as a residence for James H. Bell.
With its tall, thin Victorian columns, the house shook in strong
winds, so the Hunter family that bought it in 1909 replaced those
original columns with bigger, sturdier ones.
The house was demolished in the early 1970s to make way for the
county parking garage that stands there today.
Source: Shelby Hearon, At Home after 1940: Twenty-Seven buildings in Austin, Texas,
Brick Row Book Shop, Austin, 1966, pg.9.